Scope and Topics
The symposium focused on various aspects of high-temperature heat pumps with supply temperatures above 100 °C.
The symposium covered various aspects of high-temperature heat pumps (HTHP) reaching from technological developments to application specific challenges and the contributions covered aspects from academia and industry.
The symposium covered the following aspects:
- Technological developments of systems and components, including:
- Working fluids
- Process integration for industrial production facilities and networks
- Process equipment with integrated heat pump solutions
- Industrial cases and examples for successful integration of HTHPs
- End-user perspectives on the decarbonization of process heating
- Application potential and markets for HTHPs
- Business models
- HTHPs in the context of sector integration
All experts in this field were encouraged to submit an abstract and present their work at the symposium.